Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Welcome to our new website

L with Mum's work car & trailer
Well it's official, Kym's Mowing & Handy Service has been trading since February 2011.

It's been an excellent few months as I've slowly learned to understand the personality of Townsville's weather pattern. No doubt I've still got much to learn as we head into our first twelve months here in Townsville, Far North Queensland. With an outdoor business that relies on 'good' weather to function, it's been a steep learning curve working out how to manage my schedule.

My first blog post has to mention my three children who have been such troupers as we moved from a very 'family' Kia Carnival to a proper work vehicle and a Holden at that. They've become accustomed to all the paraphernalia of a work car - mowers, whipper snippers, rakes and rubbish bags. I'm sure as they grow older, they'll become the greatest assistants ever!

I need to also mention my sister Leesa, who has created this site for me and who is slowly teaching me the importance of the social web in the marketing of my business. Yes - I promise I will take more photos and tweet each day.

I look forward to another excellent period of business, though I'm aware of a probable slow down as we move into a tropical winter. (It's my first North Queensland winter and I can't believe how lovely & warm it is!)

If you would like to have a yarn about what your yard and home might look need from Kym's Mowing & Handy Service, please feel free to give me a call, or an email, or even a Tweet! I'm based in Pimlico, but have clients all over Townsville and Thuringowa.

Thanks, Kym

No comments:

Post a Comment